Italy

I am in Modena, Italy at the moment and my raw diet and juicing has gone out the window.  The one truly wonderful thing is the fig tree in the garden.  It has ripe fruit, nearly ripe fruit, ripening fruit and next years tiny green fruit all on the tree at once.  My first day here I ate 13 figs in about 2 hours and my belly swelled up till I looked like I was going to give birth to a baby elephant!

Unfortunately the proscuitto (Parma ham) with melon and the bread here is divine and I have decided that whilst I am here I will indulge when I feel like it in the local cuisine.  The tomatoes taste more like the NZ ones because they have been ripened in the sun unlike the UK ones which have no taste at all.

I must mention the prosecco which is so light and refreshing it's hard not to clean up a bottle all by yourself!  All in all too delicious for words.  I know I will have to do penance when I get back home and can only be thankful that I do not live here permanently or I would definitely put on weight.

And I haven't even mentioned the cheese.  I think Pecorino is my favourite.  We eat all our meals outside at the table under the trees and I'm sure food tastes better for it.

I have just checked the temperature and it is 34!!  Maybe time for a cool vino............

Comments

sounds like you are having a taste of Italy

Popular Posts