Tired, last day, tired, did I mention that!?

Ok, so last day of being a nanny, nose wiper, cook, housekeeper, drop off at school/driver, laundress, drawer tidier, bather, babysitter and general dogs body.  And I might say it hasn't come soon enough!

I will do anything for anybody......just ask.  But I DO NOT like being used.  Take the piss too often and I simply shutdown and that is where I am at the moment.  I no longer offer to do anything extra or stay longer because the so called 'good nature' I never knew I possessed is constantly being asked to stretch a little bit further.

I think people believe if you are in childcare you don't mind doing extra cos it's part of the job.  Bollocks!  We have a life you know and maybe, just maybe we are having a drink with mates at 7pm.  And no we can't stay longer just cos you have spent all day with the phone stuck in your ear and suddenly realise your running late!

Am I ranting?  You bet I am.  Mothers are so rude sometimes.....I remember doing a maternity nurse job and when I finally put in my bill for 20 days on the trot and charged extra for the days that were supposed to be my days off the mother got really cross.  She didn't want to pay time and a half.  You should have thought of that when you swanned out the door love leaving me holding the baby.....literally!

So now I have that off my chest .........I have my grandies form Henley for the weekend.  What could be nicer?  A couple of Aussie mates too so hope there isn't any cricket on...;-)

And next week some serious sleeping - only waking when I am ready with no alarm set.  Getting my sister from NZ from Heathrow on Wednesday for a week of shopping before shipping her off to Yorkshire for Xmas and the Rellies.

Stopping now............too tired zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Comments

a week of shopping !!!!! I thought it was a week of R&R
with a bit of shopping thrown in , then a slow drive to yorkshire .glad I checked in with you ,hahahah
a week of shopping !!!!! I thought it was a week of R&R
with a bit of shopping thrown in , then a slow drive to yorkshire .glad I checked in with you ,hahahah
Annie Gordon said…
You tell it like it is, sista! Nobody puts Rena in a corner! Yay for freedom :)
I love reading your posts!!
I adore the words you use, many that we don't use in the US. You make me smile!!
I may steal some of them for my own personal use.
Like 'Bollocks'.
I'm sure I'd find good use for that one!! :)
Sending you a big hug,
gabriele
Gabrielle your 'big hug' has been gratefully received.

I had a shocking week last week and it was my last with the family which was disappointing....oh well I did my best....but as you can see I needed to get it off my chest.

Not sure I should be blaspheming/ cursing on my blog though cos my grand daughter reads it.......

Serena
I hope you and your sister are having a wonderful time!!
Can't wait to hear all about it!
You two are some of my favorite people!

Popular Posts