The Last Post (not really).

I had a lovely weekend with friends in London and also a visit to my hairdresser of 8 years.  London was as frantic as I remember and catching trains and tubes is awful - everybody pushing and rushing to get somewhere.

It was lovely to see my hairdresser Fabio.  I hadn't had my hair cut since March so I was long over due for his 'sissor hands' to work their magic.

Kirsty and Simon were their usual generous selves and we had a couple of wonderful bottles of Lafitte champagne from his well stocked cellar.  Simon has invested in wine for the last 20 years so I was honoured that he should crack a couple of these beauties for my visit.  Kirsty is the producer of The Great British Menu so we had lots to talk about.  We had roast chicken and veg for supper - I had the veg minus the chick rather than make a fuss and very nice it was too.  It was lovely to see their girls, Celeste and Valentine who I looked after as babies.

On Sunday we went to the Armistice Day celebrations at Putney Bridge and the Last Post had me in tears as it does every year.  Some of the veterans were openly crying and it was heart breaking to see their sadness - of course nothing compared to what they must be feeling.

Geoff's father who turned 90 in August is one of the last of his regiment left now and I was so pleased when Geoff went with him to this years centenary.  What would the world be like and would we be free if it hadn't been for all those men and women.

I finished shopping for the few Christmas presents I needed and headed for the Surrey Hills as soon as I could.  Came home and lit the fire and once I was unpacked I did a few jobs and settled in front of the TV for X Factor and I'm a Celebrity Get Me out of Here.

I listen to a lot of radio especially BBC Radio 7 when I am in bed.  Last night I listened to War Horse written by Michael Morpurgo.  Joey, a beautiful red bay horse tells the story of his time in France and the horrors he saw and experienced during WW2.  It was on in memory of Armistice Day and it was a wonderful story.  A fitting end to a thought provoking day...............

Comments

Sounds like a great weekend, now the last week of work !!!!!
Boy! Somebody was busy!! :)
Would love to see a picture of the new hairdo.
Sounds like you had a lot of fun!
Best,
gabriele
hairdo not much different just tidier Gabrielle. Yes a busy emotional weekend.......

Popular Posts