I can't believe........

Here I am on my last day in NZ before heading back to the UK........have I really been here 5 weeks?

It all started with an email literally minutes before I closed down my computer and headed out the door for Heathrow.  My D-in-L emailed to say Geoff was back in hospital with the chest infection that wouldn't go away but would hopefully be out by the time I landed.  OK that gives him approximately 36 hours to sort it.  I didn't manage to check my emails at Changi as the flight was late and we got off one airplane and straight on to the connecting flight.

So when I saw my sisters face and not Geoff's at ChCh airport I knew he was still in there.  She drove me to the hospital and it was all down hill from there.  Geoff stayed in hospital for another 5 days and came home having been diagnosed with COP.  He has been on a hefty course of steroids and we hope on the mend.

Two days after he got home Sam, Tori, Stella and Roan arrived.


Let the holidays begin!


Pop and Roan weeding the veg patch.


Roan's first visit to the hen house.


Roan and Stella sampling the first raspberries of the season.


Fred having a much needed bath.....


Mum's 85th birthday afternoon tea.


 Jock, Roan and Fred playing bowls.


Stella and Fred spent all day in the pool.


 Roan enjoyed the hammock while he could.....


What's that over there?


Everybody loves Pop's new motorbike.


Easy rider.....yeah!


A peaceful interlude reading peter Pan.


"Is this where you wanted it hoed Pop"?


This boy never stopped eating!


Roan watering an already wet Stella.


Roan and Sheba getting reacquainted.

And it was all over too soon.  The parents went away so Geoff and I had the grandies all to ourselves for a few glorious days.  Then the 3 weeks were up and they packed the car and headed back to the city.

Comments

SO much fun!!
Children and pets - family.
It doesn't get any better than that!!
Great pictures. Thanks for sharing.
xo

Popular Posts