It's freezing.......

The weather has turned cold a little too soon for me but hey I figure I had two summers in a row so, 'what goes around comes around' as they say.

I'm glad I tucked the broccoli and brassica's up in their winter bedding last week cos the sou'wester is howling through.




The lettuces and spinach are doing well and are well enough along so the cold weather shouldn't affect them.


Silver beet, leeks and lettuce in the raised garden.


The girls enjoying the green grass to make lovely orange yolks.....


Fred's been helping Geoff in the office today and sticking very close to the heater......

I have moved the Pohutakawa tree that Sam gave me to under the trees as we are supposed to get a frost tomorrow and I want to give it a good chance of survival.  He grew it from a seedling so it is especially 'special'.

Geoff and I went mushrooming yesterday and got lots of lovely field mushrooms bought them home and I cooked them up.  I put some with lamb shanks for Geoff's dinner and froze the rest for winter stews.  Battled the sou'wester to get more today......they must be ok cos we are both still here to tell the tale..........

Comments

Popular Posts