Beautiful weather

We have woken to another beautiful day with blue skies and mild temperatures.  I'm loving it cos it means I am getting so much more done with the autumn clean up than I thought I would.  This time last year I was just arriving in the UK and sadly the garden was completely neglected till spring.

When I woke up this morning I had a craving for soup.  Soup for breakfast......why not?  So I juiced an orange and some celery, added a tomato, half an avo and some broccoli.  It was nice and hit the spot but I should have gone out and dug some carrots and got some spinach from the garden........but I wasn't dressed and I wanted the soup like now!  It looks a bit bland in the photo but as I say tasted ok.






Sheba hiding in the towels.......she gave me such a fright!


Weekend in Wellington


We have just returned from a  lovely weekend in Wellington with the grandchildren.  It was Stella's 7th birthday........



 I got the privilege of making the cake this year and her father requested a volcano cake!  His birthday is 3 days after her's so maybe it was more for him than her!?  Here it is complete with pterodactyl, dinosaur and dry ice eruption.......


 Roan the cat man...they seem to attract each other.


 Opening presents is so much fun.


 The AMAZING card Roan made for Stella.


Admiring the gold fish Pearl and Goldie (they're in there somewhere..)


Chill out Fred why don't ya?  Oh sorry your doing yoga........


Snuggling with dad.........

I made some crackers today that were a great success.  Carrot pulp (as usual) ground sunflower, pumpkin and linseeds.  Garlic, semi dried tomatoes, black olives (technically not raw), salt, pepper and water.  What I like about making your own crackers is you can make them as soft or crunchy as you want.  I like to take some out early when they are still soft enough to roll into a tortilla and fill them full of crunchy stuff.  The rest I leave to get crunchy to top with avocados and spreads.  I will take a photo for the next post......

And to finish a thought provoking quote from good old Albert Einstein.........

"Nothing will benefit human health and increase chances for survival of life on Earth as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet."
Albert Einstein


Comments

great blog Rena I am taking pics to do one later.

Popular Posts