Lying in bed.........

I'm lying in bed doing my blog today.......

I had a somewhat restless night and woke at 3.20am and didn't go back to sleep till about 7am.  I knew it was 7 cos it was getting light and I had to put on my eye mask and pretend it was the middle of the night.  So why was I going back to sleep at 7 you ask?  I don't need to be at work till 1pm today....yippee!

You could say I am still indulging myself and extending my weekend detox.  To be honest I didn't enjoy it as much as I could have.  I went shopping on the Saturday and with all the crowds and detox I had this horrendous headache by lunchtime.  So 'big mistake' and a 'lesson learnt'.  If you're detoxing stay home and be quiet.                               

                                                                        
I did do some colonic's, skin brushing, moisturising, juicing and reading but never felt completely in the 'zone' which was disappointing.  So I will have to wait now and try again after my sister's visit and before I head back to NZ for Christmas.

                                                                              
I have a 4 - 5 day window where I can prepare myself for the long haul flight and fast cos I don't eat the airline food.  Not even when they tell me it is vegetarian!  A limp lettuce leaf, 2 cherry tomatoes, some cucumber slices, dubious dressing, a yoghurt (?) a hard as a rock bread bun and some cut up unripe melon.  Mmmmmmmmm yummy - not!  

So I would rather water fast between Heathrow and Changi and get a juice or smoothie at the airport.  They are amazing and make them in front of you.  Last time I went through I went to the sushi bar and had vegetable filled tofu pockets - not technically raw but oh so good.  You can ask them to fill them with whatever you want.  I checked first to make sure there weren't any nuts or nut oils that were going to set me off then sat down with a large glass of Pinot Grigio and indulged myself.  I am so going to do it again this time......


Comments

sounds like you need a break
Tell me about it!! Weekend in London then last week of work before the festivities start!
Annie Gordon said…
What a disciplined soul you are Rena. Go the rawness!
I've never done a detox, but good for you!!
It sounds like a lot of work, and you are doing a great job!! I'd be afraid of the headaches, which in my case, go straight to migraines.
I agree that you should probably have stayed home and lounged around, instead of shopping.
The next time you do it, you'll be a pro!
Enjoy your sister's visit and have a safe trip!
Hugs,
gabriele

Popular Posts