Struggling big time!

I am bewildered and annoyed with the struggle going on within me at the moment.  I so want to be 100% raw because I feel so well and vital when I am but I am really struggling to maintain even 50-60%.  There seem to be so many things pulling me in all directions that I feel like I'm putting all my needs on the back burner.......or so it seems.

I think I want to be in NZ rather than the UK.  I feel guilty saying it because that means I can't see the UK grandies or my son and D-in-L.  But with Geoff being ill before Xmas I feel that's where I want to be.  I so enjoyed the warm weather, gardening and planning the year ahead with Geoff that I question why I'm here.

I've been eating cheese, fish, cooked vegetables and bread and wine.........why am I doing that when the cheese and bread historically makes me really unwell.  I get a runny nose/sinus, itchy skin, constipated and my asthma starts to play up.  It's a no brainer really........oh and weight gain!

Also I'm not sleeping properly.  The jet lag thing is relentless and I wake at 3am every morning.  In saying that when I fly I only have a fruit platter and water/juice during the 24+ hour flight so I don't get jet lag.......but it's not working this time.

I believe that we should listen to our bodies and follow it's 'needs' but I have to fight the urge to eat the foods that I know aren't good for me.  So I am trying desperately to regain my 'faith' in raw foods and get back in the zone by reading my raw uncook books and revisiting the websites and raw blogs that I find inspirational.

"The wise man should consider that health is the greatest of human blessings. Let food be your medicine." 
- Hippocrates


Comments

Great advice don't stress so much you will make the right decision for you both, and things change just go with it.

Popular Posts