All about attitude.

Gee I've had a couple of negative comments on my 'raw' eating habits lately.  Both of them in the last 5 days and both of them concerning meat.

One was a throw away line re saving the planet......it went something like this.

"I'll think about saving the planet if you start eating meat".  Huh? That doesn't make sense.  Maybe my healthy lifestyle is making them feel guilty or threatened?  The thing is we weren't even talking about saving the planet we were discussing how much laundry the house generated and I suggested wearing some articles of clothing more than once (not undies ha ha) and not just throwing it in the basket regardless of whether it was dirty or not.

The second comment was....."I like eating meat, if you don't that's your problem".  Problem?  Problem?  I don't have a 'problem' with not eating meat.  AND I don't have a problem with other people eating meat!!!!!   I think I have said that on my blog before.  Why does this upset people so much?  Once again we weren't discussing eating habits just what was on offer for dinner.  I said, 'I'll have all the above minus the chicken thanks'.  I don't think my comment was provocative in any way and certainly not intended to illicit that kind of response.

Thankfully one friends comment was encouraging........'Any negative comments you get are bound to be down to jealousy or defensiveness.  You do well to let the negativity flow past and not let it affect you'.

Easier said than done sometimes.........

Anyhoo on to all things positive....I am enjoying raspberries, strawberries, spinach, avocado's, my soups and juice at the moment.  If I feel like I don't want cold soup I sit the bowl on top of the Aga for 20 minutes and it is lovely and warm.  I think I will need to do this as winter sets in....thank goodness for the Aga it not only warms your bum but your food too!!!  


I made some linseed and veg crackers in the lower 'simmering' oven the other day.  We had visitors for lunch and I put them out mainly for me to eat but everybody else wanted to try them and before I knew it they were all gone!!  I am going to make some more today so will take a photo when they are done.

Comments

Popular Posts