Lazy rainy Sunday afternoon......

I have had a busy week juggling two jobs so I am indulging myself today.  I had K's mother, aunt and sister to stay overnight and they have gone now to catch a flight to Italy.  So I have cleaned up (cooked people make such a mess) made myself a gazpacho soup for lunch and I'm sitting up in bed blogging and eating.

I cannot believe the amount of dishes, pots and utensils that were used to prepare their meal last night.  Of course when asked what I was eating I replied, "soup".
"Oh but surely you can share our meal".
To which I replied, "raw soup".  There followed the usual round of gasps, weird looks, and comments. "Surely your joking."
"Are you still doing that?"
And the usual, "oh I couldn't think of anything worse."  Boring, boring, boring......



I have decided that I have to be true to myself and not be embarrassed or feel uncomfortable with other people's reactions to raw.  And that I MUST continue to prepare my food the way I like it and eat it at the same table that cooked food is being eaten.  Although it is VERY off putting when you are eating it and there are continual comments about the food in front of you.  I of course could counter with all the crap on their plate but decide to take a the higher ground and not!

In the past I have been known to accept a plate of cooked food and eat it just so I don't get the above reaction.  But I am always upset with myself afterwards.  I even had one so called friend say to me after I had agreed to eat her cooked dinner. "Now I bet that feels better with some good food in your belly"!

CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT?  I didn't even reply.  Of course I could have said that out of politeness I have just eaten a dead animal and vegetables with no vitamins left in them and covered in the thickened juice of a cow just to please you and I am going to suffer for it for at least 2 days!  And on the politeness front maybe you could try it, politeness that is and allow me to exercise my beliefs and preferences.....but of course I don't say these things because it is seen as rude....funny that!!! :-)

Now just to be clear I regularly cook thickened cow juice for Geoff's cauliflower etc and of course cook meat for him.  That is a long way from eating it!  Also I do not tell him he shouldn't eat it just as he doesn't tell me I must be mad for the way I eat.  And anyway he is the first to attest to how much healthier I am on raw.

So......its raining cats and dogs today and has been for 3 days so being in bed is deliciously self indulgent and I'm enjoying myself immensely. And to add to a decadent Sunday I am about to start Heartstone the fifth book in the Matthew Shardlake series.

Comments

Popular Posts