Are my soups becoming boring?

This is my lunch today


Do you think my meals are getting a bit boring?  I seem to crave the same old thing....no additives just good old veg.  The thing is if I tried to eat all the ingredients as whole foods I would struggle.  But by juicing most of them I get all the enzymes and vitamins.

Juiced: 4 sticks celery, 1 apple, 2 big carrots.

Whizzed: 2 tomatoes, half an avocado, 2 handfuls of spinach.

Result: delicious, nutritious soup.  The trouble is it tastes so good, creamy and very flavoursome so I stick with it.  But imagine it all on a plate..... I wouldn't be able to eat it.  Now I just sit back and wait for the energy rush.......

My back feels 100% better after some yoga and Panadol (unfortunately).  So I figure if I rest today I will be improving by tomorrow....fingers crossed.

Comments

I'm so glad to have found you and your blog!
(Thanks for commenting on mine, too!)

I was a mess before starting raw foods!!
If you have the time, please check out my post called: Raw Food vs The Standard American Diet - SAD
( don't know how to make this a live link here, sorry.

No, I don't think your soups are becoming boring!
I know what you're saying. I feel the same way.
That's why I have a green-smoothie for breakfast, every day.
It's amazing the energy - and nutrients I get from that mixture of greens, fruit and seeds!!

Enjoy your weekend - and green soups!!

I've added your link to my blog.

Best,
gabriele
Thanks so much Gabrielle.

I read your Raw food V SAD post and was amazed to see the pic of you and your grandsons eyes. Altho I can understand it cos I have learnt to steer clear of all dairy products cos I start wheezing, get a runny nose and need my inhaler.

I have a nut allergy too so making bases for my desserts is challenging so if you have any tips I'd love to hear them.......
Drats! A nut allergy is not good!!
Especially since most of the cakes and pies have them as part of the crust.
Are you allergic to all nuts?
If there are some that you tolerate well, use those. But be sure to rotate them, eating them only every 3-4 days. Otherwise you may work up an allergy to those as well.
I had over 100 food allergies a few years ago.
Since I became a raw-foodist, many of them are gone, but I still can't eat a banana without getting a migraine!
So glad to have found you!
Take care,
gabriele
So far we definitely know it is walnuts and peanuts and I have been advised NOT to test any others due to the severity and speed of my reaction. I carry an Epi-pen at all times. My Dr suggested I only eat food made by people who know and love me!

You would be amazed at the number of food products that contain nuts or traces of nuts. Even if I have a salad when I am out I have to make sure the dressing hasn't been made with peanut oil/groundnut oil. A lot of people don't realise they are one and the same - I've even met people who think peanuts grow on trees!

Wow 100 food allergies - and bananas give you migraines....I love bananas! My favourite pudding of all time is soaked dates, banana, avocado and cacao all whizzed together - delicious, creamy, chocolatey mousse.....ooooh need to make some tomorrow!
love your soups looking forward to some ,seems you have hit it off with Gaby,

Popular Posts