Nuts to you!

I am allergic to nuts........

 which is very boring, distressing, confusing and life threatening.  The first time I ate some walnut bread I thought I was having an asthma attack until my throat started closing up and then I rang 999.  So now I carry an Epi-pen with me at all times.

The second time was at home in NZ when I had eaten some vegetarian sushi for lunch and the same thing happened.  This time it was sushi being cut with a knife that had probably just cut something with satay (peanut) sauce or used the same cutting board.  I like this NZ allergy site and thought I should share it.

My sister has Urticaria but she doesn't know what sets it off.  She suffers horribly and has finally decided to do something about it through her diet instead of pills which I am pleased to hear because I have been gently nudging her that way for ages.

Being raw there are lots of recipes that require nuts especially the base for desserts which is annoying because I love puddings.  So I tend to do the filling only and eat that but I would like a crust.  So I have been experimenting with ground linseed's, dates and maca and getting it to stick together with agave syrup.

In a way having a nut allergy really makes you think before popping anything in your mouth so being raw makes it easy. Talking of nuts I love coconuts especially the green ones.....ha ha

Comments

Popular Posts