Feeling the need to detox

After my box of coconut water arrived I decided to do it justice.  I need to detox a bit so I am juicing and having green smoothies for the weekend.  And as it's Friday I thought I would start today.

So today I am loving ......

1 carton of coco water when I got home from night duty
3 hours sleep
1 colonic
1 green smoothie made with

  • spinach
  • coco water
  • 1/2 an avocado

So the reasons for this weekend detox are to hopefully be kind to myself after a few weeks of busy work and stupid hours.  Conseqently with all the silly hours I feel I have lost touch/neglected my routine/rituals.

  • gentle yoga stretches for my back (slowly coming right after fall).
  • skin brushing (always rushing to get dressed to get out the door).
  • reading for pleasure.
  • my juices have become boring and I have been making them in a rush.
  • Shaving my legs (just cos I'm not in the same country as Geoff doesn't mean I can grow 2" leg hair!)
  • Moisturising my body (it is so dry now due to menopause).
  • Buying Christmas gifts for my Grandies and sons and D in L's.

Juicing like cooking or baking needs to be done with lots of love.  Whether its for the people/person you are juicing/cooking/baking for or just because you love doing it.  




The final product will be bitter/tasteless/a flop if you do it as a chore.  

Believe it or not but I love to cook!  I know how weird is that?  But nothing gives me greater pleasure than cooking for Geoff or my family.  I love to make bread and always preserve fruit and vegetables, chutney and sauces every year mostly from our garden.  With a little help from our friends.........





Comments

more recipes for smoothie's please ,yours sound so good , love the pics good to talk to you this morning
Hey Stella,

Thanks so much - loved it didn't he?
Sounds like a great plan!!
And you're so right about loving what you're making.
Every morning, while I make my green smoothie, I play a favorite CD (loud:) and enjoy the process.
I don't rush it. And I serve it to myself, in a very fancy glass.
I always disliked cooking - a lot!
So, being a raw-foodist really is the perfect solution for me!
For your commenters that want more green smoothie recipes, I'd like to suggest the books by Victoria Boutenko. (AKA "Raw family".)
Let us know how your detox went.
Hugs,
gabriele

Popular Posts