Well I am into day 2 of a juice feast that I am hoping I can keep up for at least 7 days.  I have found it nigh on impossible to start out and stay juicing with so many people staying with me that eat cooked food that I have been putting it off for too long.  So after X&J left on Sunday I threw myself into it again.

Sunday morning I had a huge glass of melon juice and then we went for a 2 hour walk!  Started to feel hungry just before we got home so I juiced myself a carrot, celery, cucumber and 1/3 an avocado soup for lunch.  I find that when I am starting a feast I need to add avocado to one of my juices daily just till I get used to the 'thin-ness' as it were of the juices.

As usual X&J were confused about my enthusiasm regarding raw food and rather than get into a heated debate I changed the subject.  I find I do that when I am talking to people who ask about raw food then spend 1/2 an hour trying to convince and convert me back to cooked food.  So many meat eaters feel threatened by the lack of meat in my diet and tell me that if I continue down this path I will get sick and 'keel over'!  Sorry but I just can't help laughing at that......

I had a lovely hot bath and an early night and woke this morning with a bit of a headache.

Already after only 2 days I am starting to feel clean again.  But unfortunately the pain in my head/face turned into an excruciating headache which I attribute to my sinuses as always as they are the one area in my health that troubles me the most.

For lunch I had a carrot, cucumber, spinach and 1/3 avocado juice/soup which tasted unbelievably good.  Because I am working a split day today after the soup I got undressed and crawled into bed and slept for an hour.  It was so lovely as the day has turned cold and windy.  And that is where I still am writing my blog..........

I can already start to feel some detoxing happening cos I am feeling cold on and off and I am fantasising about a soak in a hot bath when I get home tonight.  I think I need to hunt out the hottie!

Comments

Popular Posts